[Asterisk-Users] small office

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jun 6 14:47:25 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 16:09, Dante Alzamora wrote:
> What is the best cost effective solution for a small office:
> I need 3 FXS & 2 FXO.
>
> Can I hookup a TDM400P and 2 X100P on the same computer?
>
> Also, I saw some IP phones for $25.99
> http://www.wosmile.com/cgi-bin/view_store_item.cgi?pid=4424&sid=5&category=1
> Can I use them with asterisk? will they be able to do the same as the
> TDM400P?
> I read that to run the conference app Meetme you needed a Zaptel
> driver.

My BS detector is running high on that phone, It mentions dialing IP,
but there is no ethernet port listed or shown on the device. Also it
seems odd that you have to use 2 AA batteries for the calculator when if
it ran off of the phone line, there should be enough power there, and if
it was ethernet based, you'd be supplying plenty of power.

If they work as standard phones and you like the looks, they will work
_with_ the TDM400, but not replace it.