[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 2 stage firmware 2 stage upgrade

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jun 5 23:51:22 MST 2003

I'm uncertain if it must be a "Skinny" upgrade.  I have upgraded
several _ancient_ Cisco 79xx phones, and I've had success by going to
SIP image of P0S30203.bin first, and then going to a more recent
image (P0S30440.bin, as an example.)

So, while upgrading with a "bootstrap" of a Skinny image may work, I
think it will also work with a SIP image of similar vintage.

As to where you get those images: the same place you got the "most
recent" SIP image: Cisco.  They should have a link somewhere if
you've got CCO access or a contract with them.

JT