[Asterisk-Users] problems after adding FXS module to TDM400P

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Thu Jun 5 20:57:54 MST 2003

I received an additional module for my TDM400P yesterday.  I installed
it last night.

Before I installed it, I had a working 1x1 PBX.

After installing the physical hardware, I spent a couple of hours
unsuccessfully attempting to get dial-tone on the new FXS part.

I gave up, made sure the old FXS still rang and went to bed.  I should
have tested further.

This afternoon, I got a call at work telling me that the dialing out
doesn't work.  I tried dialing in and get a horrible screeching that
reminds me of the data stream of an active modem call, but more harsh.
I can hear voice underneath the noise but the voice is unintelligible.

I assumed that the changes I made to my Asterisk configs had caused
problems so I did a CVS roll back to the configs I had before I started
with the new FXS port.

I stopped and started asterisk.  Same symptoms.

I rebooted the machine and started asterisk.  Same symptoms.

Could the new part be causing these problems?  Could not having the new
part properly configured be causing these problems?

I can work on the config remotely but I don't have any way to test the
FXS extensions.  If anyone has config changes they think I should try, or if
you need to know more about the existing config, let me know.

lambert at lambertfam.org