[Asterisk-Users] Getting netmeeting to work with Asterisk

Jeremy McNamara jj at indie.org
Thu Jun 5 14:28:45 MST 2003

Simon J Mudd wrote:

>Using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as you explain appears to be rather a hack.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a standard Linux environment value, so complain to Linus.

>I wasn't sure WHY you frown so heavily on the vendor/distribution
>pwlib/h323 libraries (do they change that much or are different
>versions incompatible?) and as I hadn't installed these as packaged
>libraries I [safely] copied them to /usr/lib.

They rename the libraries, have been known to make changes (which can be
argued both good and bad) and/or they haven't been updated in ages, thus
will not work properly with chan_h323 as we had to fix a few bits of the
H.323 stack. (the external rtp features)

Jeremy McNamara