[Asterisk-Users] AgentLogin

Reece Anderson reece at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Jun 4 19:30:46 MST 2003

Hi,

We recently installed asterisk too replace our office PABX, however we
are finding it hard to get documentation on the way Agents login.

In the agents.conf we have setup a user of agent => 1003,4444,Test. In
the extentions.conf file we have added in exten => 9,1,AgentLogin.

We can dial 9 and key in the uid and password which logs us in. The
asterisk CLI confirms it is login, but when we hangup the phone we are
logged out.

Is there anyway we can setup an extention for eg #61 so a user can call
#61 from a phone key in the uid and password login, then when they are
finished sometime latter call #61 again and logout.

Just wondering if there is any way to stay login for a period so we can
assign users to some queues.

Thank You

Reece Anderson