[Asterisk-Users] Audio problem with Pingtel Xpressa phone

Ing. Angel Gomez Garcia angom at telnor.net
Wed Jun 4 22:31:24 MST 2003

Good evening.

I have a problem with my Xpressa phone, when i dialed from/to it i don't
get audio, my other UA are a SJPhone and XLite, i already debug it with
ethereal and tcpdump, i dialed the echo test extension from the demo
files of asterisk and is the same result, no audio/rtp coming from the
Xpressa. I think the problem is with the Xpressa configuration, maybe
something with the codecs or the RTP, but haven't been able to find it
yet, any help will be appreciated very much.

(sip.conf)
[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 192.168.1.200           ;0.0.0.0
context = default
tos = lowdelay
disallow = gsm
disallow = g729

[6014]              ; pingtel xpressa
type = friend
host = dynamic
dtmfmode = inband
mailbox = 6014
qualify = 1000
canreinvite = yes

The config in xpressa is very standar and it registers with asterisk (
sip debug output in console ), it even shows the new messages in the INBOX,
line : 6014 at 192.168.1.200, register enable, forward disable
directory server : 192.168.1.200
authentication method : none