[Asterisk-Users] detecting pickup

Besite - Bart bart at besite.be
Wed Jun 4 18:44:09 MST 2003

Hi,

I have a simple asterisk application that bridges a call to an operator.
Now I want to detect if this operator has picked up his phone or not.
Ass John Todd told me on the irc channel, that cannot easily be done
because Asterisk understands this internally, but does not present these
data
to the dial plan...

Is there a solution to my problem or do I have to hack the code...
I'm sure other people have encountered this problem.. i think it's a nice
feature.. so if someone has a patch, tell me !

Sincerely,

Bart Ronsyn,
Leuven (Belgium)

PS. You could suggest working with a timeout of say 30 seconds, but is not
    100% correct... if the 30 seconds expire, you can certainly say the
operator
    has not picked up... it the call ends within the first 30 seconds, you
can
    not tell if the operator has picked up his phone or not... correct me if
i'm
    wrong...