[Asterisk-Users] Getting netmeeting to work with Asterisk

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Wed Jun 4 06:57:41 MST 2003

Hi Andy,

Thanks for responding.

andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk ("Andy Powell") writes:

> >ERROR[376849]: File chan_h323.c, Line 974 (setup_incoming_call): Call from
> >user 'Simon' rejected due to no default context
> >
> >However I am unsure what this really means and how to configure the
> >extensions to allow incoming and outgoing calls to the netmeeting client.
>
> I'm only guessing here, since I don;t have h323 set up (tho seeing
> as it seems quite easy from your description I may well give it a
> go). In your h323.conf I assume much like a sip.conf entry you have
> to define a phone and give it a context e.g. in sip.conf:
>
> [phone1]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> defaultip=192.168.11.190
> context=sip

Yes I have _nearly_ that:

[laptop]
type=friend
host=192.168.0.2
context=default
incominglimit=6
outgoinglimit=4

> note the last line context=sip. Then in my extenstions.conf file I
> have a section:
>
> [sip]
>
> which matches the context of the phone, this is where my extensions
> are defined.

Arhh? In extensions I have

[h323]
exten => 2005,1,Dial,h323/laptop

So are you suggestions that my context in h323.conf should also be
h323?

I'll try changing it that way.... [no it doesn't make any difference,
I get the same error message]

Certainly the idea about contexts and dialing plans makes sense but I
don't quite get yet the relationships between what's in
extensions.conf and the other *.conf files.  Neither am I too sure
when asterisk starts up the order it starts reading the config files
and _exactly_ how one relates to another.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  I guess I need a _minimal_
configuration of just one or two extensions which "connect/relate to"
one/two netmeeting clients. The fuller configuration files are
obviously confusing me.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Postfix RPM Packager, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
email: sjmudd at pobox.com, Tel: +31-627-592 627, http://postfix.WL0.org