[Asterisk-Users] Getting netmeeting to work with Asterisk

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Wed Jun 4 06:36:35 MST 2003

Hi,

I have OH323 installed and all you need to do is to define the context in
oh323.conf file, a set of codecs and then in NM to set the gateway (in
advanced settings) to point to the Asterisk server.
Then call the extension directly.

For the rest, just define an extension like:
exten => 555,1,Dial(OH323/192.168.0.33)

(replace with the IP address of the NM station.)

> much like a sip.conf entry you have to define a phone and give it a
context e.g. in
> sip.conf:
>
> [phone1]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> defaultip=192.168.11.190
> context=sip

It is not the same for H.323.....

> Do you have en entry for your netmeeting client in the h323.conf? and a
corresponding
> entry in extensions.conf?

It is not needed...for H.323
Just call the NM station using his IP address.

BR,
Dan