[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk localization

Paulo Mannheimer paulohm at instant.com.br
Tue Jun 3 15:50:21 MST 2003

Hi All,

I've been working with asterisk for about two months, and I would like
to contribute to the project on the localization side, mostly making it
easier to translate text output and pre-recorded messages.

My goal is to discuss with you guys a framework for
localization/translation, and then slowly start to implement it. I
believe it's important to discuss this before any code is programmed
because it can become a pain in the neck to program new things and
support old ones if it's not implemented in a flexible and easy way.

Any thoughts?

Paulo H. Mannheimer