[Asterisk-Users] Sound: Recording overrun

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Tue Jun 3 12:12:33 MST 2003

Hello All,

I've just been made aware of Asterisk and have installed it.  Things seem
to be working: I can dial from the console the internal numbers and hear
the answerphone messages and do other interesting stuff.

however when I hangup the call I see a continuous stream of messages
saying "Sound: Recording overrun" appear on ALL my linux consoles and I
can't see what I'm typing.

I've seen that by dialing another number i "free" the console and I can
then shutdown Asterisk.  I'm sure this is something obvious but any
pointers would be appreciated.

Finally as the "Asterisk PC" doesn't have very good sound facilities is
there a way I can call it from MS Netmeeting or similar?  I think
Netmeeting supports H323 but can't wokr out how to get it to talk to the
Asterisk box.  Again any pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Postfix RPM Packager, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
email: sjmudd at pobox.com, Tel: +31-627-592 627, http://postfix.WL0.org