[Asterisk-Users] Example of the Transfer application?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 3 12:02:00 MST 2003

OK, I'm stumped.  I have no idea how one would use the Transfer
application.  Perhaps it is because I am an all-SIP environment, but
I don't see what purpose it solves (maybe I'm not thinking in the
right mindset.)  My understanding of Dial is that the only way to
escape is via a hangup or pressing "#" or flash to get the
"transfer?" prompt, which seems to be exactly what Transfer does.
But how do you get to the point where you can run the application?
Isn't it redundant?

Can someone give me an example of "Transfer" in a real-world
situation?    Please use snippets from your extensions.conf file.

JT