[Asterisk-Users] E400P

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jun 3 04:53:38 MST 2003

Tais M. Hansen wrote:

>On Tuesday 03 June 2003 12:52, Tais M. Hansen wrote:
>

>>The Siemens side is configured to "ISDN30: ECMA QSIG". The Siemens manual
>>states the card provides 30 ISDN B-channels which can be used for trunking
>>or networking.
>>

>Okay, I've done even more studying on these matters. It would seem QSIG is not
>supported by E400. There're a bunch of other protocols to chose from, but
>nothing that rings a bell.
>
>My work has just become much more difficult. :(

Q.SIG is a PBX to PBX variant to ISDN. If you can change the config of
your switch you can probably make it do CTR4 (EuroISDN, Net5, and
various other names), which the E400P does support. Then life will
become much easier.

You could, of course, contribute the changes needed to make libpri do
Q.SIG, and everyone will benefit. :-)

Regards,
Steve