[Asterisk-Users] ISDN4Linux + Asterisk and Europe

tturner at gfs-zh.ch tturner at gfs-zh.ch
Tue Jun 3 03:37:43 MST 2003

On 2 Jun 2003 at 14:35, Brancaleoni Matteo wrote:

Little summary what the status is:

1. isdn4linux for real calls not just IVR forget it
2. capi4linux only works with cards active AND passive which do support capi
at the moment those are eicon diva and cards from AVM
The only passive card at the moment is the fritz card from AVM

Problems here are that the passive fritz cards have some annoying thinks like
it's a binary library for the capi layer which is restricted for only one card
and no SMP box but you can circumvent this with the howto described at the
following site
http://www.quiss.org/caiviar/Two-Fritzcards-HOWTO

which should enable you to use more then 1 card

however i didn't manage to get this configuration to work stable as Oliver Brandt
reported, or I should say it's REALLY unstable at least here.
And not only with the 2 card configuration but in any configuration
which means 1 card,one CPU, 2 cards,one CPU and so on

so I ordered a AVM B1 PCI V 4.0   to eliminate that.

Pauline Middlelink had a suggestion which would be very nice, but i think nobody is
able to do it at the moment . To use the zaptel driver and to implement a real
isdn4linux driver, because at the moment the isdn4linux is based on the modem-
emulation of i4l and that is the reason why you have echo.

This approach would solve many problems.

You could use the Hisax cards not only on the outside like for the incoming calls
but also for internal isdn pbx phonesets which here in europe are cheap and have
a lot of nice features already builtin. For this trick see isdn.jolly.de

The echo would go away, because it is digital already and I think you could
count on a lower CPU usage as well.

So maybe an interest group could get some funding together, to get more flexibility
to the isdn side of asterisk

hope this helps

greetings

kamido