[Asterisk-Users] SCO/Linux concerns

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jul 31 22:28:56 MST 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 07:07 pm, Ajit M Kallingal wrote:
> Hello
> Since I am getting a bit concerned about the SCO vs IBM issue, I was
> wondering if can I can setup Asterisk on FreeBSD is it supported ?
> Are drivers for Digium cards available on FreeBSD ?
>
> Thanks
> Ajit

Not really answering you but, the odds are indeed very slim, it will take
long time to hash through court.

1) By the time any bad ruling would have been made the Linux community would
have a time (as trial moves on) to remove/rewrite any offending code.

2) If a ruling is done for SCO they will pursue BIG multi billion dollar
corp first. Why? Because they want to get as much money as possible.

3) Finally, there's no chance that some 10 million plus users who have in
good faith used Linux would be found guilty by a court. Solving this non
existent problem by not using Linux is a waste of time. Not because being
proactive is bad but because it is not even close to be a REAL situation at
this point. We should all use Linux happily until the scene changes. At
this point we even have governments all around the world using it. Try
other O/S because you want to not because of SCO.

SCO is using media, who live to scare people, to make more money by selling
millions of stock at new hightend stock prices. This is a fact.  I for one
have filed a complaint with the SEC over this apparent scam. Germany have
stopped them from continuing allegations without evidence.

Get on with Asterisk and Linux...

--

Steve