[Asterisk-Users] Manager.pm port

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Thu Jul 31 09:20:26 MST 2003

On 31 Jul 2003, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> If you are running the manager from the webpage, then I can remotely
> understand php manager interface. But if you plan on making a command
> line manager app, then please do yourself a favor and just help with the
> perl stuff. Remember php is perl -1 or more revisions. I do say this as
> a php programmer for my work. We don't let php infect our backend
> console apps.

PHP is cool, but I agree with you that it makes absolutely no sense for
commandline applications unless you need some functionality you can't get
with another scripting language -- and that's not likely if you have Perl
installed. No, I'm doing it strictly for use on web pages.

--
JustThe.net Internet & Multimedia Svcs. [The Fusion of Content & Connectivity]
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950