[Asterisk-Users] MGCP behind NAT

Darren McIntosh dmcintosh at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 31 04:44:26 MST 2003

> From: "Humberto Atristain" <hatristain at megahospedaje.com>
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] MGCP behind NAT
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:07:40 -0500
>
> My trouble is that the MGCP devices lost the connection with the
> asterisk
>

> My gateways are ASKEY MGCP
>
> Any comments?
>
> Humberto

If the gateways are losing the connection intermittently, could the NAT be
timing out the bindings? Seen a problem where you could not ring the gateway
but could get dialtone and firewall was the problem. Someone correct me if
I'm wrong, but * does not use AUEP to check gateway status regularly to keep
the bindings active

darren

---