[Asterisk-Users] voicemail file access problems

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Wed Jul 30 23:58:12 MST 2003

> > On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 22:33, Patrick wrote:
> > > Did it work after you left a new voice mail message?
> > >
> > > I was looking into the source code to fix it so that the euid was set to
> > > nobody, create the file and then change it back to uid 0, but that didn't
> > > work.  Or, maybe change the file mode was 770 with the group set so that
> > > the webserver could modify the file so I wouldn't have to run a suid .cgi
> > > script.
> >
> > If you create the _directories_ the files are going to be created in
> > with group apache (or whatever group your webserver runs under), with
> > the sgid bit set, doesn't that cause the file to be created with proper
> > permission for the cgi?

> But the mask of the file is set to 0700.  I don't think the sgid bit will
> make a difference if the file isn't written 0770.  It's still on
> readable/writable/executable by the owner.

ACK. I read over that. But I think that combining the sgid creation of
directories and changing 0700 to 2770 for the mkdir calls, and 0700 to
0700 for the call to ast_writefile should get you where you want to be.
I haven't tested it, it just _looks_ that way. (assumption is the mother
of all fuckups)

good luck,

Armand.