[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail message forwarded to another extension and file format changing

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Wed Jul 30 01:29:59 MST 2003

Hi,

I have configured voicemail to use GSM as the file format and to send the
voice message to an e-mail address. It works, and the destination receive
the voice message attached in the same GSM format.
When I try to forward the voice message from my voicemail to another
extension, the voice message is forwarded, but the destination receive the
e-mail with the voice message in WAV format (the Asterisk type of WAV), even
it is the same one.
This is a bug or I miss something?

There is any way to select a different file format for the forwarded
message?

Thanks,
Dan