[Asterisk-Users] Australian Options

Mark McKibbin mark at team.dcsi.net.au
Tue Jul 29 23:15:58 MST 2003

Why not use IP phones?

Regards

Mark McKibbin
DCS Internet
64 Queen St
Warragul
Victoria    3820
Australia
www.dcsi.net.au
mark at team.dcsi.net.au
Ph. 1300 665 575 (Help Desk)
Ph. +61 356 241 120 (Direct)
Fx. 1300 556 595

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, 29 July 2003 12:35 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Australian Options

> Why don't you just plug the e100p into the onramp10-30 why do you need
> channel bank?
>
> Regards
>
> Mark McKibbin

How do you connect your extensions then? If you use the single T/E 1
port
for your onramp, you end up with nil extensions, using a channel bank
you
can use the single T/E1 port for both 10 channels from the telco plus
14/20
channels for extensions...

BUT, you need an australian approved channel bank.

Or am I just being stupid, and there is something obvious I am missing
for
the use of asterisk in Australia *legally* ??

PS, for those interested, there is an option of the australian made
openswitch cards, but since they are unsupported for use with asterisk,
don't want to go out and purchase them/sell them to a client only to
find
that it doesn't quite work properly in some situations...

PPS, anyone who is successfully using the openswitch cards with
asterisk, I
would appreciate feedback on them

Regards,
Adam