[Asterisk-Users] BSD (WAS: Linux flavor?)

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Tue Jul 29 11:57:31 MST 2003

Right now, you can do a CVS checkout && make install on linux.  This is
awesome stuff.  However, for the non-programmer to try to build * on BSD, it
is a struggle.  As a VOIP only solution, perhaps just a linux binary
installation would be adequate to run under emulation.

For the development team to get * (and the zaptel cards) running on BSD
shouldn't take too much effort.  Perhaps it's just a matter of finding the
right incentive?  My only request would be that it be installed to match BSD
filesytem standards (everything in /usr/local).

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks