[Asterisk-Users] Welltech FXS SIP registering with Asterisk

Elliott Bay asterisk at ebctech.com
Mon Jul 28 18:34:42 MST 2003

I have a number of Welltech FXS  devices (running the SIP code) that I'm
trying to register with Asterisk. Has anyone had any success doing this?

If I have the Welltech set in peer-to-peer mode, I can call to and from the
Welltech, to Asterisk, just fine. However, because it's in peer-to-peer
mode, I can only call phone numbers that are in the static phone directory.
The phone directory in the Welltech does not support using the * character
to send all digits to a specific device (such as 1-206*). I have to put in
the full e164 number (such as 1-206-555-1212) in order to make it work.

Has any one had any experience with the Welltech devices and getting them
to register with Asterisk properly?

Thanks in advance.

Michael