[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail2 Wish List

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Mon Jul 28 14:43:44 MST 2003

On July 28, 2003 02:16 pm, Brian West wrote:
> Here are a few things I would like to see ..
>
> 1. In addition to time/date stamps, store/read the caller id info with the
> voicemail messages.

I am in the process of working on a patch to do that, among other things. If
you like, take a look at www.brad.scatter.net/vmail/patch.diff and search for
"say_calling_party" and "Message envelope".

> 2. Have the ability to configure the system to ignore and delete messages
> left by a caller that are 3 seconds or less (maybe make this configurable)
> Not sure but that would cut alot of hangup calls out of your voicemail
> box.

Ah, now that you mention it, I implemented this in my patch also and then
forgot about it: messages that are too short (less than 3 seconds) or all
silence (messages that ended with silence and are not longer than maxsilence)
are deleted. You could search for "vm-tooshort".