[Asterisk-Users] RTP session traversing Asterisk server ...

Juan Heriberto Brito Jiménez hbrito at virtualb.com
Mon Jul 28 13:39:53 MST 2003

Yes, i've observed the same operation :|, Adam.
I've the last CVS Asterisk, and two softphones (Linphone 1.12 and X-lite
v2 last version), both with speex code active.
When i call from one to another ... ringing ok but ... when try to talk
... the Asterisk go crazy warming "out of memory"  (i installed the
speex-dev in the server)

Are there anybody who know what's happen?

Thanxs, Heri.

PD.: Sorry my bad english :)

El lun, 28-07-2003 a las 15:29, Low, Adam escribió:
> I've been reading up on the SIP and related (SDP/RTP) RFC's and as I would expect the RTP session should ideally be between the two end points of the call, in my case the AS5300 and the 7940 which are connected on the same VLAN as the Asterisk server.
>
> When I sniff the packets on the VLAN I find that all RTP packets are being relayed by the Asterisk server causing increased load on the server and ultimately a higher latency between the two end points.
>
> Is this a typical operation of Asterisk or is this possibly due to the fact that some of the phones (not those used in the tests) are running NAT and Asterisk relays all RTP packets ?
>
> Adam
>

> ********* DISCLAIMER *********
>
> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person

Juan Heriberto Brito Jiménez
Director de soluciones e-Business
Virtual Business Europa S.L.
C/ Doctor Grau Bassas 44 (Bajo)