[Asterisk-Users] Call transfer on ATA186

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Jul 28 12:16:44 MST 2003

Hi Michael,

> I meant that attended transfer doesn't work (at least for me) when I'm
trying
> to transfer call to a different device too.
It works for any other type of IP phones, except ATA186. Tested on Cisco
7960 and X-Lite.

> Let's say I dial from ata186 another h323 endpoint. Put it on hold. Then
dial my
> cell phone (ata -> asterisk chan_h323 -> h323/pstn gateway). Then if I
hang
> up on ata the call to my cell phone drops.
This is a normal behavior, as both calls where originated from ATA.

> What interesting is that asterisk
> redial my cell on itself in a second or so and then I get connected to
h323
> endpoint.
Unfortunatelly it does it in less than 1 second and  this is the reason that
ATA cannot handle attended transfers. It consider this delay as flash and
remain ini a busy state.

> If before hanging up I press flash on ata186 to have 3way conference
> call, it works fine - 3 phones get connected, but then if I hang up on ata
then
> 2 other parties don't stay connected but both get dropped.
This is normal. See before.

> In the latter case
> asterisk doesn't redial either phone.
> I think I've seen in the development maillist that asterisk doesn't
support
> attended call transfer yet (at least on voip channels). It would be nice
> if someone of the gurus confirm (or better disprove ;-)) this.
If the redial dis done in more than 1s, then it can work on ATA too.
I think this is something very easy to be done by someone with greater
experience in the Asterisk source.

Best regards,
Dan

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ataadmn/ata88sip/supp.pdf