[Asterisk-Users] Call transfer on ATA186

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Jul 28 10:00:09 MST 2003

Hi,

It works, bot ONLY when I try to transfer the call to another type of phone,
like X-Lite or Cisco 7960.
If the destination is an ATA too, it does not work because hanging-up is
considered as a closed call only after 1 second in ATA (if less than 1s, the
it is a flash function), but the transfer function in Asterisk tries to
recall the first extension in less than 1 second, so during this short
period of time, ATA based phone is bussy and cannot accept calls, so the
call is redirected to the voicemail.
One way to make this attended transfer work with ATA too, is to enter a
minimum delay of 1 second in th transer function, but I don't know how to do
it.

Look at the ATA186 specification for extended SIP functions, at the address:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ataadmn/ata88sip/supp.pdf
or as HTML ast:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080150e5a.html

It is stated that the attended transfer is done like that:

Step 1   Press the flash button on the telephone handset to put the existing
party on hold and get a dial tone.
Step 2   Dial the telephone number to which the existing party is being
transferred.
Step 3   When the callee answers the phone, you may consult with the callee
and then transfer the existing party by hanging up your telephone handset.

It works for me on ATA if the final destination is not an ATA too.

Best regards,
Dan
P.S. I'm interested in the attended transfer. The unattended one works
perfect.