[Asterisk-Users] Busy detect on pri channel?

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Mon Jul 28 06:10:39 MST 2003

John,

> See my long-winded commentary:
>     http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-April/009797.html
>
> Method 2 is my favorite.  Note that this would not be a difficult
> feature to add, but it would be tedious since every type of channel
> would need to have every Dial exit area set the $RESULTCODE value.
> Perhaps I'll add that to the feature request list when I return from
> my trip...

I agree method #2 would be preferable over #1. As far as I understand
things the return code is already there for a reason (such as allowing
an application to hang up a channel on termination), so we can't really
use it.

Regarding method #2 two more things come to mind:

o a single resultcode might not be good enough for every technology.
  Thinking of pri channels e.g. you might want to know which entity is
  disconnecting your call.
o dialing multiple destinations at one time will pose the problem
  which returncode to use. In particular when different technologies
  are involved.

But then, perhaps both issues are pushing things a little too far. Just
any simple solution will do in my case for now. If time allows, I'll try
to look into it a little more.

Thilo