[Asterisk-Users] Nortel 350

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Sun Jul 27 13:28:39 MST 2003

On Sunday, July 27, 2003 3:32 AM, Brian Capouch
[SMTP:brianc at palaver.net] wrote:
> Wondering, since they appear to be plentiful on eBay, whether I could
>
> get a Nortel 350 to use to learn my way around ADSI.
>
> The vendor claims that these are "generic," and looking through the
> archives I wonder if that means that they might be unlocked in the
> sense
> that the word is meaningful to asterisk.

"generic" may not mean much. Connecting a generic ADSI phone to a
locking ADSI script would change  it to a LOCKED ADSI phone. So even
though it may not be branded, it still could be locked. The important
question is, has the phone been locked.

By the way, I would like to find a vendor for unlocked ADSI phones. To
this point it has seemed like hit or miss whether a phone will be
locked. Any recommended vendors for ADSI phones?

Don Pobanz