[Asterisk-Users] Australian Options

Sun Jul 27 06:31:33 MST 2003

I would just like to get a refresh of the situation for Australian users.

It would seem that the TE400P is currently available and is likely to
acheive approval for use in Australia within the next 2 months ? (when is
the end of summer?).

Once this is done, it will certainly suit larger installations, but it still
leaves a number of 'gaps'.

Anyone with analog phone lines will need either X101P or similar, or else an
Australian approved channel bank. Since the X101P isn't approved, and
doesn't appear to be approved soon, the chances of getting a Australian
approved channel bank at a decent price is likely low.

Again, with smaller offices (say 15 or less extensions) the price of a
TE400P card is too expensive, will there be a TE100P card produced and
approved for use in Australia?
Even if it is, will this solve the problem? I'm thinking not, because the
single port would need to connect to a channel bank which in turn would
connect to the telco plus extensions, therefore we are back to the same
situation as with analog lines above.

So, really, are there any decent solutions for asterisk use in Australia?

PS, currently I am using the TDM400B plus Traverse Netjet ISDN with I4L, but
this doesn't seem suitable quality for re-sale.

Regards,
Adam