[Asterisk-Users] PCM Voice Quality Issue on CVS Version

Ricardo Villa ricvil at telesip.net
Sat Jul 26 07:47:37 MST 2003

Hi,

I have asterisk-0.4.0 running.  When I make a call between an ATA186 and Asterisk using ulaw or alaw codec, all is fine.

I installed the CVS version and tried the same thing but the voice is choppy.  The installation was done on the same linux server.  The stats on the ATA186 show no packet loss but a great number of "late packets".  The stats when running version *-.0.4.0 do not show "late packets".

I have gone back and forth installing each version again with the same results.  Bandwidth is not an issue as the ATA and * are on the same LAN.

Is there something that can be fixed on the CVS version to prevent this problem?

Thanks,
Ricardo VIlla
http://www.telesip.net