[Asterisk-Users] Chan_oh323 Dial format / voice latency 4 to 5 secs

Steven Thomas vcsteven at au1.ibm.com
Sat Jul 26 05:30:33 MST 2003

Hi,

Can someone confirm the format of the Dial string for a H.323 gateway using
chan_oh323?  The format I have working is:

exten => 5000,1,Dial(OH323/h323:099451133 at CiscoGW)

I have 5000 as a speed dial - the extension functions, but the voice
latency within the call to the analog phone (99451133) is about 4 -5 secs.
There is no delay from the internal calling extension - SIP.  Outbound
latency is very bad.  (SIP to SIP - perfect)

The CiscoGW is a 2600 with FXO ports.

I also see bad voice latency when using SJPhone (h.323) to asterisk -> SIP
7960.  Again the voice delay seems to be on the outgoing h.323 call from
asterisk. Inbound is OK - this scenario seems to rule out any problems with
the Cisco config.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.

Steve.