[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail() problems - Long pause after incoming message recording ended.

Benjamin Miller BGMiller at dccinc.com
Fri Jul 25 10:28:46 MST 2003

I had this issue until I fixed the DNS resolver on the * box.
Asterisk was attempting to deliver the mail message and having to
timeout name servers, etc.  Once dns was setup properly for the box, the
message was delivered instantly and there was no more delay.

Now a good fix would be the spawn a separate thread to deliver the
message, but that was beyond my programming skill.
Ben