[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a stand alone voice mail server

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jul 25 04:25:31 MST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Siggi Langauf wrote:
>
> >Are you running CCM 3.3(2), too?
> >
> No idea, I avoid dealing with CCM at all.... I fought tooth and nail to
> stop them from wasting money on it, but they wouldn't listen to me.

Same thing here: they're probably going to pour Millions of Euros into
the Cisco dump during the next year. Unless I manage convince them to use
*, of course ;-)

But now I'm getting confused: you're _not_ using CCM??

> >OTOH, your scenario doesn't look like it's involving any Skinny phones, so
> >maybe your CCM doesn't setup streams for foreign (IP phones') IP
> >addresses, which would explain why you're not hitting this bug...
> >
> I don't know how u can get away with not using Skinny on CCM.  We use
> Skinny phones into H.323 trunks for voicemail.  Instead of wasting more
> money on Unity, I talked them into Asterisk voicemail. Even without all
> the fancy integration, they are still happy.

So you _do_ have CCM, and Cisco's Skinny phones, and this setup does
actually work for you:

Cisco 7960 <--(Skinny)--> CCM
    RTP                   H.323 call setup
     +--- * chan_h323 -----+

             *<---> app_voicemail2

That RTP connection on the left-hand side was misdirected to CCM for me,
until I switched to chan_oh323...

Puzzled,
	Siggi