[Asterisk-Users] time and date stamp in voicemail

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jul 24 16:13:58 MST 2003

>Hi,
>
>I see that there's been some very light discussion on having a standard time
>and date stamp in VM. How can I implement it today? (About to offer a
>system to a customer but they need the stamp to tell when people called.)
>
>Thanks,
>--
>
>Steve
>______________________________________
>This sig is pending approval

Tilghman Lesher had a well-written patch he posted to the list a few
weeks ago for Voicemail, which I've been using without difficulty.
He has said he's going to work on Voicemail2, so I am hoping to see
that soon, and then integration into the main CVS tree after some
testing.

Not only does the patch handle generic time and date stamps, but it
allows customizable timezones, announcement strings, and uses
standard UNIX-ish time code macros.  Very slick, and really necessary
for voicemail systems that happen to have users in multiple timezones.

If you are looking for words to match Tilghman's patch, see the
phrases I have submitted (and donated by a generous grant by
VoicePulse) as public domain, recorded by Allison Smith:
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/sounds/

JT