[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a stand alone voice mail server

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 24 16:18:13 MST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Siggi Langauf wrote:
>
> >We're running Cisco CallManager 3.3 with Cisco 7940 and 7960 Skinny
> >phones. * is registered to the CallManager as an H.323 gateway (using the
> >chan_oh323 driver, chan_h323 didn't work with the Cisco cluster).
> >

> chan_h323 most certainly works with CCM.  We have over 500 users using
> Asterisk voicemail on H.323 trunks and a few using Asterisk at their
> remote offices with H.323 trunks into their CCM at their main office.

Funny. Last time I checked, * kept dumping bearer data (the outbound RTP
stream) to the CCM instead of the phone, which resulted in funny "half
duplex" calls. I admit that's been almost a month ago, so maybe it's time
to try chan_h323 again.

Are you running CCM 3.3(2), too?

OTOH, your scenario doesn't look like it's involving any Skinny phones, so
maybe your CCM doesn't setup streams for foreign (IP phones') IP
addresses, which would explain why you're not hitting this bug...

Ceers,
	Siggi