[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a stand alone voice mail server

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 24 15:43:42 MST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Troy Settle wrote:

> Funny.  I just subscribed to this list to ask the exact same question.
>
> The application I have in mind though, would be a little more intense.  What
> I would like to create, is a unified messaging center for voice, fax, and
> follow-me service (home, office, cell, pager).

Fax is difficult: While * can probably _route_ fax calls fine (there is
even support for redirecting calls if a fax tone is recognized), it's
unable to send or receive them. You'd most likely need some hardware fax
modem(s) along with like Hylafax for that job.

As for the other stuff: * should be able to do all that.

Cheers,
	Siggi