[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA Advanced CallerID

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Thu Jul 24 13:21:23 MST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 around 18:26:11 +0200, Armand A. Verstappen wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 17:02, Pauline Middelink wrote:
> > The Gesko Ikarus 1200S analog telephone has advanced callerid
> > capabilities. When used with an ATA186, it show the username
> > and the phonenumber of the caller. (or whatever you let *
> > tell it)
> > 	http://www.gesko.be/idgg004.htm
> >
> > Price is 77 euro something and available with Telec. (NL)
>
> Thank you for the pointer. From the quick glance I got, it supports
> dutch (DTMF style) CLIP, and the newer CNIP to receive the name part. Do
> you happen to know if this phone is switchable to FSK signalling? I did
> not see the tell tale trace 'also works on UPC cable phone network' in
> the add.

Well, since the ATA we are using is in default mode (US, hence FSK)
I presume the phone can do FSK.

Looking at the bits in the ATA, I only see sizes for number and text
on the FSK mode setting, on DTMF it only has a number length. Can I
conclude from this limited data that DTMF can't do text?

Now all i have to figure out is how to confince the ATA to sent the
callerid BEFORE the first ring instead of between rings, because i'm
so close to the phone, i pick it up in the first ring and than the
display has no name.. :(

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink