[Asterisk-Users] Cisco's CallManager and * (was: Cisco 7960g) (fwd)

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 24 09:37:37 MST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Yifang Dai wrote:

> I wish! My company just spend a lot $$ on the shinny CCM phone system, so I
> don't think I can change that easily... But if I can get asterisk to
> talk to CCM via h323, and prove it's usefulness, I might have a chance
> to use * in the branches...

Well, good luck, then!

> By the way, do you know if we can get *'s VM to communicate with CCM's
> Unity? Thanks for all your help...

Funny, I'm deploying an * based VM solution here, as people particularly
disliked Unity.

It's still in it's early stages, but there will be the option of
navigation through voicemail via the Cisco 79[64]0 XML display.
So myadvice (you already guessed) is: drop Unity. Asterisk can do that
better ;-)

Cheers,
	Siggi