[Asterisk-Users] the 'pound' and '#' are the same?

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Wed Jul 23 22:26:20 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 20:15, johncn wrote:
> Hi,
> I am translating the voice files of voicemail now.  I don't know if
> the POUND and # are the same key in the telephone's keypad. If they
> are same, how could we understand the following message:
>

> %vm-msginstruct.gsm%To hear the next message press 6, to repeat this
> message press 5, to hear the previous message press 4, to delete or
> undelete this message press seven, to quite voicemail press pound.
> During message playback, you may press * to rewind, and # to fast
> forward.

As far as I'm concerned pound and # are the same thing therefore the
message can be translated but would be ridiculous as to fast forward
would quit!

Which language are to translating into?

I am about to start on French, pound = # = dièse
Maybe one day someone will translate into English :)
pound = # = hash.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>