[Asterisk-Users] Cisco's CallManager and * (was: Cisco 7960g)

Yifang Dai daiy at attbi.com
Wed Jul 23 19:32:29 MST 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 07:37:30PM +0200, Siggi Langauf wrote:

> Trivial: login as administrator on the admin webpage, select Device/Add a
> New Device, select Device type "Gateway", set type to "H.323 Gateway",
> enter the * boxe's IP address as "Device name" and it's there.
>
> Now you just need a route pattern: "Route Plan"/"Route Pattern", select
> "Add a New Route Pattern", enter number the Pattern (eg. "X.!#" for "all
> numbers terminated by "#") as "Route Pattern", select *'s IP address from
> the "Gateway/Route List" box, insert, "reset" (in CCM) the gateway and
> you're done.

Thanks! I was scratching my head about where to tell CCM the gateway is
:)

> The nice thing is that from then on, everything is routed via Asterisk, so
> you can forget about CCM ;-)

I wish! My company just spend a lot $$ on the shinny CCM phone system, so I
don't think I can change that easily... But if I can get asterisk to
talk to CCM via h323, and prove it's usefulness, I might have a chance
to use * in the branches...

By the way, do you know if we can get *'s VM to communicate with CCM's
Unity? Thanks for all your help...

--
Yifang Dai		 |
eFax: (847)628-0255      |    Debian GNU/Linux