[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a stand alone voice mail server

Ronnie Earle tcearlr at tcc.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:34:44 MST 2003

I'm sure asterisk would make a great stand alone voice mail server.
Basically I want to get rid of our voice mail system and replace it with
*, but the problem is we use a cisco cluster with skinny clients. So I
was thinking the way to contact a * server, would be through our 3640.
But so far any attempt has failed. I am wondering if anyone has done
something similar. Just want to verify the idea is sound. Please keep in
mind I just heard of * a few days ago and don't know much about it.
Though it seems pretty easy to use. At least configuring a couple
clients was not that tough. Thanks to John Todd for his easy to follow
guide at www.onlamp.com.

Anyone with something similar? if so some info on what you did would
help a lot.

Thanks all,

Ron E.