[Asterisk-Users] SIP info

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Wed Jul 23 09:31:05 MST 2003

ah, ok. thankie.

so I can conclude that the budgetones are right, and
asterisk is wrong in detecting * and # via sip.conf.
The budgetone sends 10 or 11 correctly, but asterisk
read only the first '1', resulting in detecting 1 when
* or # is pressed... that could happens also with
A-D or flash info, I think...

I'll dig into the code...

Matteo.

Il mer, 2003-07-23 alle 17:13, James H. Cloos Jr. ha scritto:

> Matteo> I was wondering what are the values for sending dmtf via sip
> Matteo> info.  I mean, when I use dtmf relay via sip info, the sip/sdp
> Matteo> message contains a Signal=X where X is the dmtf.  That's ok
> Matteo> for dtmf 0-9 . but what when dtmf is * or # ?  we must send
> Matteo> signal=# ?
>
> Those are defined in rfc2833.  (cf http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2833.txt ).
>
> They start out with:
>
>     Event  encoding (decimal)
>     _________________________
>     0--9                0--9
>     *                     10
>     #                     11
>     A--D              12--15
>     Flash                 16
>
> and go on from there for other events.
>
> I don't beleive * currently support any more than the above.
>
> -JimC

Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl