[Asterisk-Users] SIP Call Forwarding/Transfer support ?

Low, Adam ALow at Prioritytelecom.com
Wed Jul 23 02:38:10 MST 2003

Hielke & John,

I too have the 7940 phones working perfectly in my setup with the exception of 7940's that are NAT'd when SIP'ing towards the AS5300 and then I find one way voice path but strongly suspect the mini firewall's we are using but am yet to debug this.

John has some example configs on his site which were a good help in getting me started and am sure will help you: http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/

John, you mentioned transfers and this is my obstacle at the moment, could you share any more insight to your setup on this ?

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: John Todd
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: 23/07/03 10:08
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] SIP Call Forwarding/Transfer support ?

Hielke -
   Cisco 7960 phones work quite well with Asterisk and SIP, and I have
been using them for many months now, both on my own systems and those
of my clients.  Perhaps you can forward your configurations and I can
help debug.  The only functions I have not had working 100% are:
parking via the "transfer" button on the phone, and peer-to-peer SIP
calls (I have to set canreinvite=no on the config settings for the
phones)

JT

>Hello Adam,
>
>i am doing some testing in the same direction. I want to use
>Asterisk with Cisco 7960, Grandstream and Pingtel SIP phones. For
>receiving and terminating calls i want to use the Nikotel SIP
>service.
>
>Until now i had no luck in getting the Cisco 7960 phone to work.
>But with the Budgetone Grandstream phone i could receive and make
>calls. Blind call forwarding also worked.
>
>I think the reason for the 7960 not working is a bug in the
>Asterisk. Something with a wrong Cseq.
>
>Regards,
>  Christian.
>
>--
>Hielke C. Braun
>VP system engineering

********* DISCLAIMER *********

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person