[Asterisk-Users] SIP info

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Wed Jul 23 01:26:36 MST 2003

I was wondering what are the values for sending dmtf
via sip info.
I mean, when I use dtmf relay via sip info, the sip/sdp message
contains a Signal=X where X is the dmtf.
That's ok for dtmf 0-9 . but what when dtmf is * or # ?
we must send signal=# ?

I ask that because I noticed that budgetones phone sends out
* as signal=10 and # as signal=11 . but asterisk
don't detect them, 'cause it get only the first digit of
10 or 11 ... resulting into bad * or # detection, since
they're picked up as 1 .
So I think asterisk expects a signal=* or signal=# .

but, who's right? asterisk or the budgetones?
I haven't found any doc on the net that reports what values to use...

--
Matteo Brancaleoni
Espia System Administrator
Email : mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Web   : http://www.espia.it
Phone : +39.02.70633354      - ext 911
IAX(2): guest at 213.140.14.155 - ext 911
        or tel:17005662458   - ext 911