[Asterisk-Users] Integrating cell phone into Asterisk Extension..

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jul 23 00:48:18 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 02:26, John Morris wrote:
> This is a thread from Apr. 15 about how to make your
> cell phone ring simultaneously with your other
> extensions.  The solution was:
>
> > Just use Dial,Zap/${DESK}&Zap/g1/${CELL}||t
>
> I've tried this, and this is the behavior I see:
>
> 1)  ${DESK} extensions ring ONCE only (in my case, I
> have the TDM400P with analog phones as extensions)
>
> 2)  ${DESK} extensions are hung up after just a few
> seconds
>
> 3) ${CELL} is dialed
>
> Any idea why this would happen?

If you have a tdm400P I assume you probably have an X100P also. If you
are dialing outside with an analog circuit you don't have definitive
knowledge of them the other side is answered. With out this knowledge,
your cell phone "answered" the line first and the desk phones loose the
opportunity to answer.

> SO, since this didn't work, I figured I'd ring ${DESK}
> for 15 seconds first; if there was no pickup, I'd ring
> ${CELL} second; and if no pickup there, forward to
> voicemail:
>
> [john]
> ; my very own context!
> exten => s,1,Dial(${DESK},20)
> exten => t,1,Goto(john-cell,s,1)

Might want to change this last line from t to s,2. If I remember
correctly, your dial will time out and then go into limbo till
DigitTimeout, then go to t.

> [john-cell]
> ; call my cell if I don't answer
> exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${CELL},20)
> ; go to voicemail if I don't pick up the cell
> exten => t,1,Voicemail,1002
> exten => t,2,hangup
>
> This doesn't do what I need, either.  If I don't pick
> up ${DESK}, then ${CELL} is dialed.  Problem is, even
> if I answer ${CELL}, asterisk doesn't register that I
> picked up, and after 20 seconds it hangs up on ${CELL}
> and goes to voicemail.  I'm using two X100Ps for FXO
> devices, by the way.

Do you have an AbsoluteTimeout set somewhere? BTW, your timeout
shouldn't work for the cell phone since the X100P won't know when you
"answered" the line or not, it will just assume answered.