[Asterisk-Users] IAX / MeetMe problem

JKNUTSEN at UP.COM JKNUTSEN at UP.COM
Tue Jul 22 13:00:38 MST 2003

Greetings,

I have a somewhat unique (I think) configuration that I am testing
involving MeetMe conferencing and have encountered a problem that I'm not
quite sure how to solve.  Here is a brief description of my setup for the
background.

I wanted to offer the ability for users to mute and unmute themselves while
in a conference.  If they enter a conference as monitor only, they are
effectively muted.  I use the "#" option in MeetMe so that they can leave
the conference, then they enter a "5" to return to the conference as
Monitor only.  Unfortunately, if they entered the * PBX on a T1, the
monitor only option stops listening for everything, including DTMF (from
what I could tell).  If they enter on an IP phone, the DTMF is still
detected and they can enter a "#5" again to return to the conference
unmuted.  So if they came in via T1 they are unable to unmute themselves
short of hanging up and dialing back in.  I needed a workaround for this.

So I have connected two * PBX's via IAX.  The T1 comes in the first box, it
is detected that it is a conferencing call and is sent to the second box
over the network. Here they are sent to MeetMe.  If they enter their
conference number correctly, all is well.  If they enter the wrong number,
the conf-invalid greeting is played and then the call is dropped.  Does
anybody know why the call is dropped here?  I have included the IAX debug
info below.

 == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf':  Found
      - - Playing 'conf-invalid'
<-Frame Retry [N/A] -- Seqno: 00 Type: IAX      Subclass: REGREQ
   Timestamp:  00001ms  Callno:  00032    DCall: -00001 [192.68.1.1:5036]
<-Frame Retry [-01] -- Seqno: 00 Type: IAX      Subclass:  ACK
  Timestamp:  00001ms  Callno:  00073  DCall:  00032 [192.68.1.1:5036]

A few more of these lines  and then:

== Spawn extension (default, 1000, 1) exited non-zero on
'IAX2[1000 at 1000]/1638

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can offer,

Jesse