[Asterisk-Users] g729 + oh323

Jeremy McNamara jj at indie.org
Tue Jul 22 11:25:00 MST 2003

Michael Manousos wrote:

> Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>
>> You should run chan_h323.  It is distributed with Asterisk and works
>> with G.729 and any other codec asterisk supports TODAY.   There is no
>> need to run a 3rd party driver.
>

> Why not?

I am expressing my own opinion on direct personal experience with your
channel driver. I will let each and every Asterisk user make their own
decision on what H.323 channel driver to run.

As history shows,  I personally tried to work with you in the past to
make your driver work properly, but alas I was forced to create a
completely separate H.323 channel driver, which now happens to be
distributed along with Asterisk.

For what its worth,

Jeremy McNamara