[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users digest, Vol 1 #873 - 16 msgs

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Mon Jul 21 14:58:31 MST 2003

I don't know if 911 uses caller ID or BTN (Billing Telephone Number)
900 calls, operator calls, and 800 calls use the BTN not the Caller
ID...

Anyone????

   3. Re: E911 and asterisk (Martin Pycko)

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:05:38 -0500 (CDT)
From: Martin Pycko <martinp at digium.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] E911 and asterisk

Isn't that enough to set up a proper Caller ID NAME ?

Martin

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Alex Lopez wrote:

> I have a client that would like to use asterisk to link their
multiples locations together.  However, if a person in the remote office
dials 911, How can the 911 operator determine WHERE the emergency is??
Since all calss would be going out of the PRI in the main location, the
police/fire trucks will show up at our COLO!!

> I know that there are some that are doing this multi site setup, how
did they handle 911 services???  For now I am quoting a one port FXO
card to be placed in each location, that will in turn connect to a POTS
line. However, even though we can use it for the alarm system and it is
a kind of insurance I would like to do away with it!