[Asterisk-Users] E911 and asterisk

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Mon Jul 21 09:32:44 MST 2003

I have a client that would like to use asterisk to link their multiples locations together.  However, if a person in the remote office dials 911, How can the 911 operator determine WHERE the emergency is??  Since all calss would be going out of the PRI in the main location, the police/fire trucks will show up at our COLO!!

I know that there are some that are doing this multi site setup, how did they handle 911 services???  For now I am quoting a one port FXO card to be placed in each location, that will in turn connect to a POTS line. However, even though we can use it for the alarm system and it is a kind of insurance I would like to do away with it!