[Asterisk-Users] Best software SIP client

Stuart Hirst shirst at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 03:30:39 MST 2003

Does anyone have any views on the best software base SIP client to use
that normal users could use with Asterisk without being too techie ?

I have tried the X-Lite client with varying success. The first version
worked OK but music on hold broke the voice paths and the slightly newer
version initiated the call but failed to make the voice connect in both
directions.

The SJphone client works but is not the most user friendly and caused
odd errors on the Asterisk console.

What I am looking for is a software SIP client that is simple for users
to use ( they don't have to understand SIP ) and that works reliably.

Rgds,

Stuart